Thursday 28 April 2011

Days Lost to ME/CFS

I have lost quite a few days due to this horrible condition. Life slips away. I couldn’t shower for more than 48 hours or even brush my teeth. Extremely unpleasant. I am not a lazy person. I will try to explain it what it’s like . . . Have you ever been so exhausted that you could have slept on your feet?  I have heard of people doing that when force-marched. Or do you remember how weak you felt, how all your muscles and joints ached when you last had the flu, and how your head felt like it was stuffed with cotton wool? That’s how I have felt.  And what did I do to cause such exhaustion and pain? On Monday morning I took Rosie for a walk and it was such a beautiful day, I wanted to record it.










Anyway, two days later I had recharged my energy enough to shower, wash my hair and brush my teeth. It felt so good to be clean, it’s worth going a few days without a shower just to feel that genuine appreciation! After a rest I even managed to pluck the hairs out of my chin (another of Age’s little jokes).

We have watched three films since my last entry:
           
Atonement (very moving)
            Apocalypto (very disturbing) &
            Going Postal (very funny)

I also read AGNES GREY by Anne BrontĂ«. I’m too tired to review anything at the moment.



No comments: